View Single Post
Old 07-16-07, 06:36 AM   #5
Schaf1010

Default Re: Problems with configuration of Quadro FX 4600

I’m totally confused by now what I tried so far and what I didn’t try. Because of that I will start again and describe every step.
I just ran the nvidia-installer command once again. The xorg.conf file was written and the driver was correct (nvidia in the driver line). But nothing in the display changed so I logged out and wanted to log in again. But after logging out I got nothing but a black screen. I ran the nvidia-bug-report.sh then from a remote login then. When I rebooted the system (from the remote login) everything was ok until the x server should be started normally. Linux tried two or three times to generate the graphical user login screen but failed. I now have a message in “text mode” on my screen that says:
“Failed to start the x server (your graphical interface). It is likely that it is not set up correctly. Would you like to view the x server output to diagnose the problem?”
I choose yes. I get some error diagnostics. The EE lines are:
“FATAL: Module nvidia not found.
(EE) NVIDIA(0): Failed to load the NVIDIA kernel module!
(EE) NVIDIA(0): ***Aborting***
(EE) Screen(s) found, but none have a usable configuration.
Fatal server error:
no screens found”
How can I load the kernel module?
I let the nvidia-bug-report.sh run another time because I noticed that the one I generated when the screen was black had the vesa driver selected. I add both bug reports. I changed the names to distinguish them. The first one is named ***.log.blackscreen and the second one ***.log.withoutx. How can it be that the first bug report still has the vesa driver although I already had changed the driver?
Schaf1010 is offline   Reply With Quote