View Single Post
Old 07-18-07, 05:29 PM   #1
lostguru

Angry Dual monitor weirdness?

I have two displays, one is a sony dvi flatpanel and the other is a random vga flatpanel. I have the latest version of the nvidia drivers for my PNY GeForce 6200.

Heres the problem, when i try to run twinview it always uses the VGA monitor as the primary. So gdm, gnome panels, everything shows up on the VGA monitor by default. WRONG! That monitor is a piece of ****. I want things to show up on the other one, the good one, but how? I've tried , a bunch of different configurations, but none of them work, it always uses the VGA monitor as the primary.

Why can't I specify the primary monitor? Or can I? I can do it on the windows side of things, and it worked fine with the ATI card i had before getting the 6200. HELP! PLEASE, If i can't get it to work right then, I'll just have to settle for a single monitor, and i don't want to do that.

One last hint, the VGA monitor always comes up before the DVI Sony, ALWAYS, it is the first to show the bios screen, first to show grub, and first to show the NVIDIA logo right before it shows gdm. This might be a clue, but I'm not sure.
Attached Files
File Type: log nvidia-bug-report.log (118.2 KB, 80 views)

Last edited by lostguru; 07-18-07 at 05:36 PM. Reason: adding in logs, since i created the thread on a different computer
lostguru is offline   Reply With Quote