View Single Post
Old 05-31-03, 08:55 PM   #8
digitalwanderer

Quote:
Originally posted by nVidi0t
Well, the only time I actually see shareholders losing faith in nVidia is when their sales drop, which currently is not happening, and will not happen unless ATI continue to release products like the 9700 Pro, they need a consistant performance lead for a sufficient time for manufacturers of boards and computer systems to realize that ATI offerings are clearly the faster choice.

And trust me, nVidia wont be able to put manufacturers in their pockets when the manufacturer can choose a clearly faster product which will yield more sales.
I can't argue with anything your saying, I just feel that if nVidia keeps with it's current tactics that they ARE going to see their sales drop beyond their ability to hide it in their books, then the stockholders will see & re-act, THEN the mighty nV beast shall finally have it's day of reckoning.

I just wish it would hurry up and happen, but I have a feeling it won't be until their next earnings call in a couple of 3 months.
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
digitalwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote