View Single Post
Old 05-31-03, 09:52 PM   #9
GlowStick
CoD4!

Send a message via AIM to GlowStick

Quote:
Originally posted by digitalwanderer
I can't argue with anything your saying, I just feel that if nVidia keeps with it's current tactics that they ARE going to see their sales drop beyond their ability to hide it in their books, then the stockholders will see & re-act, THEN the mighty nV beast shall finally have it's day of reckoning.

I just wish it would hurry up and happen, but I have a feeling it won't be until their next earnings call in a couple of 3 months.
In a perfect ATi world that would happen. But Nvidia's market share is still growing faster than ATi's, then Intels share grew about the same as ati's.............. *cough*

But i also think that this 'home multimedia' crap market is gonna open up soon. Eg set top boxes that do stuff like the ps2 (psx). And Tivo's etc.

Truthfully i do think Nvidia and ATi will have a hard time convicing eg. Tivo to buy their Expensive chip, compared to the cheep ones they have been useing that got the job done.... to an extent.

Meanwhile, i could forsee this in the future

ATi "Yeah, our chips can be used in a varity of devices, we support all OS's"

Some Company "Great, what ones?"

ATi "Microsoft Windows 98, Microsoft Windows98SE, Microsoft Windows ME, Microsoft Windows 2000, Microsoft Windows XP! Im sure your set top box uses one of them right?"

Some Company "*Cough*Cough*"