View Single Post
Old 06-02-03, 07:40 PM   #67
NickSpolec

Quote:
Oh my, let me recap of games that use optimized pahts.

quake, half life, quake ii, quake iii, doom iii
again, every deravative of them. not sure about the unreal engine's but i am very sure they use optmized pahts.
Hmm.. Ok, you can only list 2 games (unless you can tell me what Quake actually had an optimized code path for... Wait.. That was only 3DFX.. proves my point further) that are actually out, and 2 games that are still being developed..

Out of the HUNDREDS of PC games that have come out since the time when optimized code paths became an option, you can name 3 that are out?

My point exactly.

If games do include optimized code paths, it's never always fair.. They usually only take the time to do one optimized code path (if they take the time to include any at all) for a single hardware set.

Just because GFFX is a horrid card at general DX9 operations doesn't mean the entire industry needs to go out of their way to make optimized code paths for Nvidia, while neglecting other hardware GPUs. Nvidia should make their cards as strong at general DX9 operations as they can, instead of just saying "**** it" and expect developers to cator to them.

edit by StealthHawk: do not circumvent the swear filter
NickSpolec is offline   Reply With Quote