Re: Wireless Security Questions (My Home Network)
To respond to a few of your points,
1. My router doesn't have "transmit power" control. It is an old Belkin 802.11b router (F5D6230-3), and I see no where in the control panel for it any adjustment of that kind. My laptop (and other wireless devices, I assume) have "transmit power" settings in its driver control panel, is this what you're referring to?
3. This same old router doesn't have a setting to broadcast/not broadcast the SSID. I can change it, but not choose to not broadcast it. (Oh, and "honeypot"? I don't get it...)
4. I do run basic software firewalls on all my PCs, in addition to the router.
6. Router password is fairly obscure. It's not like "b2360fd0c61e" or anything that random, but it's a 10 digit alpha-numeric password, so I hope it's good enough.
7. Using ZoneAlarm free firewall, can you suggest how I can do this? I honestly don't know what GARP is.
8. I can restrict LAN Clients to certain hours, etc, in the router, but I can't limit the max associations in the router control panel.
9. I don't do this enough.
I'm having major issues just trying to enable WEP. More on that to come. Gotta go put the kids to bed...
Thanks for the help, guys.
__________________E4300 @ 3GHz (lapped) || Tuniq Tower 120 (lapped) || Gigabyte EP45-UD3L || eVGA 8800GTS 640MB @ 648/1512/999 || 6GB DDR2-800 @ 5-5-5-15|| 74GB Raptor || 80GB Caviar || 250GB WD || Corsair HX520W || Samsung 225BW 22" LCD (1680x1050) || X-Fi XtremeGamer || Win7 RC x64 || Antec SX1040BII Server Tower || Altec-Lansing ATP3 Speakers
No comprehension to fail; I vacuum the wind for my sail
Can't be the rest; Let others waste my time?
Owning success is the bottom line