View Single Post
Old 06-03-03, 05:37 PM   #17
bwkaz

Hmm... still the warning about "no matching Device section for instance (BusID PCI:0:9:0) found", and still the error about "Screen 1 deleted because of no matching config section"...

Not quite sure what would be causing that...

Oh, hang on a minute. You have a Screen 1 line in your Device section for the second video card. Try getting rid of that, and getting rid of the Screen 0 line in the other Device section.

I think that the Screen directive is used to configure which head on the video card itself is used with that device (I think -- of course, I could be wrong ). I don't believe that it's used to tell the server which device section to use as which screen.

Yeah. From man XF86Config:

Code:
       Screen  number
              This  option is mandatory for cards where a single PCI entity can drive more
              than one display (i.e., multiple CRTCs sharing a single graphics accelerator
              and  video  memory).  One Device section is required for each head, and this
              parameter determines which head each of the Device sections applies to.  The
              legal  values  of  number  range from 0 to one less than the total number of
              heads per entity.  Most drivers require that the primary screen (0) be  pre-
              sent.
Your video cards don't have dual-head, I don't think, so try just getting rid of the Screen lines.
Registered Linux User #219692
bwkaz is offline   Reply With Quote