View Single Post
Old 08-31-07, 11:15 AM   #101
Imbroglio
xeroyphyte

Default Re: Opinions from console afficianado's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hunt
Gears is terrible... I got suckered into buying that and all it was was good visuals and about 4 hours of gameplay... I will give you Dead Rising... that is a very good game. But for me.. PS3 with Resistance, Warhawk, and Super Stardust HD is where it is at... of course I can't play my 360 at the moment because of its brokenness (which Microsoft FINALLY got me a box on Monday... amazing).
super stardust, is that the one like geometry wars but nicer? i think i remember playing that and thinking, "this is just like geometry wars but much cooler".

I must say, bioshock really draws you into the game where I remember when playing through gears it was more "when does this chapter end? hopefully soon so that I can get the achievement for it", gears did more for me with the online aspect than single player, which was kind of dull.

still trying to egg on a friend to buy warhawk (so that I can play it), as that looks like a great game too.

when it comes down to it they are both great. i know quite a few ppl that bought a ps3 just for BR playback, because why spend more for a stand alone that only has one function. come to think of it, I wonder how much of the ps3 base are for BR players alone?

HT: 360 -- Sony60A3000 -- Onkyo SR605 --> Polk cs2, monitor 60s and monitor 40s w/ Bic F12 sub -- PS3
XBL:Mr X3r0 -- PSN:Mr_X3r0

Rig- Asus P6X58D Premium - intel i7 920 @3.6 - EVGA GTX570 - Corsair HX1000 - Prolimatech Mega Shadow - WD640 - COOLER MASTER ATCS 840 - OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 1600*

Imbroglio is offline   Reply With Quote