View Single Post
Old 09-08-07, 07:38 PM   #103
wnd
Nerd, Geek, Freak

Default Re: Languages you know

Yeah Java sucks. Java is only good for security-aware applications such as e-commerce, if you want your application to be runnable on virtually any modern platform without having to recompile or port it - with near-native performance, of if you just don't want to worry about memory management or low-level exception handling. :-)

IMO C++, on the other hand, is a bit different player. It brings the horror of object constructors and destructors, written in messy C-like syntax which happily lets you to seriously hurt yourself. Basically, I think, C++ combines the worst of OO and C, creating something really unique.

Personally I have good relationship with Java. I won't touch it, and Java keeps out of my eyes. See, I'm not fully OO-compatible yet, but I'm working my way there. I prefer languages such as C, but having to work with GTK+ and GLib have made me realise that objects are actually quite useful -- in certain places. (And I know, GLib doesn't provide real objects.)

Christianity, noun: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree. [mad.frog]

Last edited by wnd; 09-14-07 at 12:23 PM. Reason: fixed vBulletin tags
wnd is offline   Reply With Quote