View Single Post
Old 09-14-07, 12:14 PM   #98
nVJoe

Default Re: WoW Rogues and DPS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monolyth
First 2.5 years of WoW were on my Orc Rogue, I got tired of the game after my guild broke-up. About 1.5 years of that time was spent raiding which for the most part was a lot of fun. Though being a competitive bastard (DMG Meter ***** hehe), I always did what I could to remain top DPS.

I've since returned and am GM'ing my own guild this time with a bunch of friends, after 2 weeks of owning the game I am now level 40 with a mount, teehee! I've rolled Alliance on a "Normal Server" (Hellscream), which is a nice change of pace from the griefing nature of a PvP server (Mal'Ganis). My Priest atm is shadow spec, and all I can say is that Shadow Priest + Vampiric-Embrace + Paladin, in the same group is farmtastic!

Honestly I cannot wait to get higher level with improved shadow dmg gear and see those group heal ticks shoot up there. I've seen some good shadow priests do some amazing damage in raids, even had a level 70 shadow priest wearing all greens beat me in DPS (me wearing Tier 4 & misc purples from Karazhan) in a heroic ramparts run, insane DPS.
I love my shadow priest. He is lvl 67. I don't do top damage in groups because I am off healing throught VM and restoring mana through VT. In single fights I can out damage anyone but through the whole run I won't. It isn't a shadow priest's roll to do top damage and if I am doing top damage then the mage, rogue and huntard are not doing their job.

I shine best in BGs. Being a shadow priest is friking awesome. Run in dot every one up. Get them to chase you around while killing two or three before I dies. LOL! good times. One thing tho, NEVER RUN from a fight. Stay in there and die, that way you get full mana and health back after the rez. I hate people who run.

If we control LM in AB, see ya. Your arss will be MC ran off the cliff. Oh and take these two dots on the way down. LOL!

Soloing with a SP is great. It is similar to a drain tank lock but you can only take on 4 mobs at a time. I dot all of them up with VT, shadow pain and a couple with VE and fear. While they run around I pick out one to melt. The fight is light on the drinking with my shadow fiend and symbol of hope. Throw in a mana pot and farming is pretty much none stop.
nVJoe is offline   Reply With Quote