Thread: Networking
View Single Post
Old 09-18-07, 10:45 AM   #3
gulizard
"Powerstroke Diesel"

Send a message via MSN to gulizard Send a message via Skype™ to gulizard
Default Re: Networking

I am trying to share the file with my network. So that my server can access the folder I choose to share. It works up until I am ready to click in it to browse. The public folder option works great, but thats as far as it goes. The files I right click on and choose to share, show up but if I try to browse them with the other pc on my network it tells me I do not have permissions. Sorry I thought I had to work so my typing wasn't very good earlier.

Basically I can browse the folder from my own pc. Say if I choose to share that folder with the network, then I go to "Network" and choose for example this PC it shows the folder I am sharing. I can browse it fine on this pc through the network, but if I connect to the server and try to browse that same folder it tells me I do not have permission to do so, but the folder does show up so it is sharing the folder, just not allowing me to do anything beyond that.

Update on the post.

I just right clicked a folder on the server - and told it to share it with the network. I can browse that folder from my main pc, but not the other way around. My main PC still is not allowing the server to browse the folders I choose to share.