View Single Post
Old 09-27-07, 08:43 AM   #15
crazycheetah
*BANNED*

Default Re: 8800gtx overclock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacklash
Mine did 634 on the core fine with the stock cooler. I'd probably try 1450, 1550 or 1566 on the shader clock.

I use to use ATi Tool to reduce my 2D clock to 350. I had two profiles I created, one was the OC and one was reduced for when the card wasn't doing much. I would use nTune to jack my fan up when I gamed.

When I installed the TR HR-03 Plus I just flashed my card to 659|2040 with a 1566 shader clock and called it a day. I moved to the TR HR-03 Plus because I couldn't stand my 61-64C idle temps, and yes that was even stock speed. The TR HR-03 Plus is great if you don't need those extra PCI slots. I still have one open at the bottom with it installed. Now I idle 45-47C and load 56-58, depending on ambient room temp.

If you want to keep all your slots and cool the card well, look into water cooling.

Below is a great thread for anyone new to flashing a GTX. The best approach is to edit the BIOS that shipped with the card and flash it in. Of course, folks should save said BIOS in its pristine state.

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1199078

yes water cooling is ok. its not noicy... but my fan and HR-03 " Delta - FFB 1212 EHE" makes my gfx oc2 load at 56 cc MAX.. so its allot cooler than water cooling.. but omg its loud...
crazycheetah is offline   Reply With Quote