View Single Post
Old 09-30-07, 05:25 PM   #527
sillyeagle
sillyego

Default Re: Flight Simulator X Full Version Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revs
OK guys, those pic have sold me. I've not bothered with FS since FS'98, but I think i'm ready to have a blast on 'X'!

I've not been reading anything about this game so could someone just give me a quick overview of what's available, there seems to be allsorts available for this game. I take it they are all ad-ons for MSFSX, but which are worth getting.

Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Deluxe Edition
Microsoft Flight Simulator X
Microsoft Flight Simulator X For Pilots: Real World Training
Flight Simulator X - Acceleration Expansion Pack
VFR Real Scenery Vol 1: South East England

The list goes on...

Also what happened to DX10 on this game, I think I read they never patched and never will , is that true?
The Deluxe adds a couple more aircraft and some more high detail airports.

See here for more:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microso...ht_Simulator_X

I'm not sure what you are asking as there are hundreds of add ons available, aircraft, scenery, etc, but non of them are needed to enjoy the game.

I'd get the game and become familiar with it before you go spending another $100 on add ons.

If you want start with something which is of much higher fidelity than the default aircraft the SF260 by RealAir Simulations is widely regarded to be the best add on aircraft you can buy, so if you want something thats very fun and sporty for touring and aerobatics this would be a good chioce. Its also excellent for training as its got the most acucrate flight model around.

As to scenery there are a few types:

Photo Scenery/VFR(visual flight recognition): Photo textures
Scenery Mesh: More accurate elevation data
Landclass: Data on where grass, forrest, desert textures are applied.
Flight Enviornment: Higher resolution clouds with new water and sky textures.

Other than that there is tons of info on what I feel are the best/coolest add ons I have found in this thread, as I pretty much share here the highlights I come across.
EVGA Intel X58