View Single Post
Old 06-11-03, 03:39 AM   #1
silenus

Default Some GL library questions

I have recently switched to an nV card, and I have installed /NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-4363. I run a Linux from Scratch system, so everything is compiled locally, including version on 4.3 of X, which I compiled/installed before installing the new card and the nV drivers.

I have some questions concerning the GL library :

(1) I noted from the Readme that I should copy nV's own gl.h and glx.h into /usr/include/GL/. I have done this, but should I also copy over the nV glxtokens.h?

(2) The nV installer automatically installed its own libGl.so files in /usr/lib. It did not, however, install them in /usr/X11R6/lib, which has its own versions. I discovered this yesterday when trying to compile the game foobillard, which has an option to use nV-extensions for bumpreflections. It would compile only when I temporarily replaced the standard libGL libraries in /usr/X11R6/lib with symlinks to the nV versions in /usr/lib. Should I make this change permanent?

(3) If I do need to make the change permanent, do I also need to recompile X against the nV GL libraries? How else, for example, will I get a correct libGL.a ?

Sorry for the long question.

Thanks,