View Single Post
Old 10-10-07, 11:07 PM   #18
Sidric
Evil Clown Face

Default Re: Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS|
Is the Atari website DD compatible with the D2D version?

Honestly would like to avoid buying it from Atari Directly... bought Silverfall from them and they have yet to ever release a new patch for the DD version.

EDIT: Oh man, its ****ed up at ATARI. You only have 30days to download the software after which you can never download it again... what bull****.
Yea, I probably should've just got it retail. But I'm too impatient to wait the extra 3 days it takes for games to get here in Alaska. And its not all bad. I mean, the game uses the same autopatcher as NWN2 so you don't need to worry about patches. And from what I read on the forums, the DD version is virtually identical to retail save for the lack of having to use the DVD to play and also the small activation process before running the game.

I'm not sweating the download thing either. I keep all my downloaded games backed up anyway.

edit: just found some information on the DD to D2D thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattlab, DD Producer
6 - At the moment the process of going from Direct2Drive Neverwinter Nights 2 to Atari.com/us Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer is untested by Atari. Although we believe that there should be no issues we are planning on testing this process sometime soon. At the moment we cannot officially say whether this works or not as we have not yet tested it.
Link
[CPU]Intel Q6600 w/ TR Ultra-120 Extreme @ 3GHz
[Mobo]EVGA nForce 680i
[Memory]OCZ PC2-8500 4GB
[GPU] BFG GTX 260
[Sound] ASUS Sonar Dx
[HDD]
--WD Raptor 150GBx2(Raid 0 Striped)--
--Seagate Barrucuda 300GB--
[OS]Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit
[Monitor]Gateway FPD2485W

Live/Xfire/PSN: SidRic SteamID: 3_gh05t_3