View Single Post
Old 10-17-07, 02:22 PM   #599
sillyeagle
sillyego

Default Re: Flight Simulator X Full Version Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by hapooh
Freeware vs payware....

I just paid $30 at abacus for the A-10 Combat Force and except for the A-10 model the missions are absolute junk. I feel like I got ripped off. So I wanted to try the freeware from avsim and flightsim.com... etc. and I downloaded about 10 different freeware aircraft addins and they too weren't good.

Any good suggestions where I can find accurate flight models specifically military aircraft l( F-16 , F-18... F-104) to download? I also want to have fully working ****pit gauges etc..

I'm willing to pay reasonable price for it but I'm new and would like experienced feedback.

Thanks.
Unfortunantly there is not much out there right now for good military payware, unless you want to buy from Alphasim or Iris, and in my opinion they make freeware quality stuff and charge $30-$40 for it. Their flight models and VC's are garbage compared to a high quality developer. Fortunatly there is some really nice stuff on the horizon though.

There is an awesome F/A-18 to be released on Oct 23rd with the FSX expansion pack:

Aerosofts F-16 is in Beta right now, and hopefully will be out out in a couple of months:

Otherwise I have made tons of military freeware and payware recommendations in this thread, with screen shots and location where you can download. If you like the B-52 for example, check this page.

I know there is a nice freeware F-14 available for FSX, but its not at avsim. Simviation and Surclaro have lots of military jets, and you can find the FSX F-14 at these places.

If I get more time I'll see if I can find the good ones and point them out, but I havn't really used freeware in a long time, since payware is so much better.

You best bet is to get the FSX expansion pack next week, as it will not only have the best military jet to date for FSX, but also the best P-51 and chopper to date, all for $30, which is cheaper than a lot of single aircraft addons.
EVGA Intel X58