View Single Post
Old 10-22-07, 01:17 PM   #1
wsuetholz

Default VGA to Component Video cable

Hello
I have an Asus A8N-VM CSM system board with the NVidia 6150 onboard, It has S-Video, Composite, VGA and DVI-D (Not DVI-I from what I understand). I was running a DVI-HDMI cable into my Samsung TX-R3079 TV, but for some reason the TV now claims that nothing is plugged into the HDMI port anymore. I have tried a different cable, but it still doesn't detect a signal. I was running 720p even though the TV indicates it will work with 1080i.

So, I'm trying to do VGA to component video. I did this a long time ago with an ATI video card so I have a VGA-Component cable not a converter. What settings do I need to set to get this to work. I'd really like to avoid spending $100-$200 for a converter (still cheaper than fixing the TV though). At least with the component video I have a DVD player that I can test with. I don't have anything else that produces HDMI. I also have a DVI to Component device, but I understand from reading about the board I have that It can't do Analog DVI, so that again is out without buying a converter.

The case I'm using doesn't allow the use of any addon cards.

I'm running AMD64 KUbuntu presently with the NVidia drivers.

Thanks for any help
wsuetholz is offline   Reply With Quote