View Single Post
Old 06-15-03, 01:12 PM   #1
digitalwanderer

Question 3dm2003, revised opinion?

I just got done re-building Bubbles after me main HD crapped out yesterday, and one of me final tests is always a benchmark run. I really do find them to be a great way for me to make sure I didn't miss any tweaks or forget anything in the re-build, and me fave is still 3dm2k1se. When I got done re-installing/tweaking I ran it and scored within 20 points of me pre-HD dying score. (Oh, gratuitous 3dm2k1se compare URL )

But I'm starting to like 3dm2k3 too, it's just as consistant for me in scoring and now that I got the 9700 Pro it's actually pretty cool to watch too. Bubbles' 3dm2003 score is just about exactly the same pre-rebuild & after rebuild too.

So what is the current consensus on 3dm2003? Does it blow or is it good at what it does?
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
digitalwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote