View Single Post
Old 10-28-07, 11:08 PM   #65
gulizard
"Powerstroke Diesel"

Send a message via MSN to gulizard Send a message via Skype™ to gulizard
Default Re: EA and Crytek should be sued for

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcrox
#1 No one lied to anyone. I believe the performance was stated by crytek as "A C2D @ 3.0GHz or higher, 2GB memory and an 8800 will run the game smoothly on high settings." They didn't say VERY HIGH, just HIGH. I believe the statement made in the same interview was "It will take hardware 18 months to catch up to the game."

#2The comments about the videos of the demo running like butter.... it was XP in DX9 (high settings) @ 1280x1024 with a quad core and a GTX... It runs like butter for me on this rig at those settings, don't know what you guys are doing wrong.

So how many of you complaining about it "running like ass" read that article with those statements in it(which I know A LOT of you did read it) and are trying to run the game with setttings outside the scope of what your rig can handle and are complaining about it "running like ass" ??? The hardware will catch up, until then... it's still the best looking game out there and its only a demo of level 1!!!! Plus the game play with the nano-suit just rocks!!! Quit trying to play the game with ridiculous settings and just enjoy the game with the settings your system will run it at.
1) Address me properly.

2) the DX10 version they showed of the game was running smooth, and it wasn't just video footage we started seeing blogs of where people played this game super smooth in DX10 on computers setup at conventions.

3) It does run like ass, and as far as hardware goes they said several different statements in their little interview, and a lot of them cater to the 8800 series of cards. I am sorry but even in DX9 Mode the game runs like crap. Things should at least run 30 fps... The game as said one thousand times before you decided to become a fan boy and defend this junk that EA once again released, is unoptimized. I understand its a demo, and I realize theres to be bugs, but this game is unacceptable as a final product.. It should at least run better medium settings, not even then does it. Oblivion in some aspects has some nice graphics that are comparable to crysis, and theres mods to make everything look better as well, and that game runs damn good.

Its your opinion - I'll let you have it but its in mine that this game is not a good representation of what they've been saying... Its an actual fact that EA is known for screwing up games, and after BF1942 the BF Series became crap. Bf2 is a great game once you get around the bugs.. The developers are pushed to the limits here, and Crytek is no exception... slave driving EA... its about money with them, not gameplay.