View Single Post
Old 10-29-07, 08:34 PM   #35
A101Sugar

Send a message via AIM to A101Sugar
Default Re: I bought the Samsung HLT6187S 61" Slim LED Engine 1080p DLP HDTV

Quote:
Originally Posted by superklye
I've been eying this set for a while now and Amazon keeps lowering the price. It's currently going for $1900 shipped on Amazon which is just insane. I saw on BestBuy.com today that it was on sale for $2287 + 0% financing for 14 months and thought, hey...why not? Spend a few hundo extra but get 0% interest and have the TV now...especially after reading some of the horror stories about the White Glove delivery service from 'zon.

So I went into one of the BBs that had it in stock and was looking. The home theater manager came by and asked if I had any questions. The set was retailing for $2599 so I asked if they matched online prices and he said they definitely did for BB.com. I asked if they matched other sites like Amazon and he said not usually but asked how much BB.com had it vs. Amazon. I told him and he brought me over to the computer to look at some numbers.

After a minute or two he turned around and said, "I'll give it to you for $1999.99 if you buy it right now."

****in' a. How could I say no to that price + 0% financing for 14 months? I'm picking it up tomorrow around 1:30pm. I'm leaving work early for a "doctor's appointment" and will be out the rest of the afternoon.

I bet we make some good margin off of that tv, thats why the manager was cool with discounting it. You would be amazed how much margin we make on TV's.
A101Sugar is offline   Reply With Quote