View Single Post
Old 10-29-07, 09:14 PM   #16
AthlonXP1800

Default Re: Crysis Demo Performance Analysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillyeagle
What are you talking about? He asked if you were slow, not if your connection was slow. Secondly a -4 downstream is not out of spec, and I have never seen a provider that considers it out of spec. Thirdly they are not going to send an engineer to retune your modem. You don't retune modems to fix RF levels, and engineers are not field techs.
Are you work for Virgin Media? Dont be stupid, you cant working fast if your connection was slow to a halt.

You got that all wrong, a Virgin Media engineer was send in the summer when Internet was down for 2 days, he put cable modem signal status page in my IE Favourite and explained to me what to look for when the cable modem experience signal problem next time, the Internet should work fine when the downstreaming power level is no less than -12dB and upstreaming power level is no more than -47dB and he went outside my house, walked yards away to the Virgin Media cable box that distribute digital TV and Internet networking in my area and retuned my LAN signal to the correct power level then he came back a few minutes later to checked my cable modem signal status, it all returned to normal -12dB downstreaming and -47dB upstreaming power level.

I called Virgin Media yesterday morning about the signal power problem, they arranged to sent a engineer to retune my cable modem signal on Thursday.
Intel Core i7 3770K, Corsair H80 liquid cooler with Noctua S12-1200 fan, ASUS P8Z77V with UEFI 2104, 16GB Samsung Green 30nm DDR3-RAM, Pioneer BDR-S09XLT 16x Blu-ray writer, Corsair AX850 PSU, Western Digital 2TB SATA3 hard drive, CanonScan LiDE 210 scanner, Microsoft Internet Keyboard, Microsoft Touch Explorer mouse, 32inch Sharp LC32LE600 LED TV, EVGA Geforce GTX 670 SC 4GB with Geforce 370.50 driver, 50Mb broadband Virgin Media VMDG480 Super Hub, Aspire Xplorer Midi Tower, Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit.
AthlonXP1800 is offline   Reply With Quote