View Single Post
Old 10-29-07, 10:18 PM   #1
MUYA

Send a message via MSN to MUYA
Arrow Conversion of word files into XML and then extracting to an Oracle database

Hi guys,
For those who are experts please could you answer a few questions if you could kindly please.

For the company I work for, most of the stuff we needs to be documented into a pre-formated word file (bread and butter of our company). A check list of sorts. These word files contain tables with columns which are consistent through which ever clients we have. Each document can share a particular row or have a similar row.
My question is how hard/easy would it be to convert these table ladened word files into XML which can then be extracted into a database per each client?
The goal of this project is to get away from manual reference/generation of these documents and to control certain aspects of these documents, ie the rows so they are nearly all consistent between clients.
Is this easy for someone with the know how? Or inherently hard? Or is there another way.
Any thoughts welcome!
Corsair K90 - Corsair Venegance 2000 Headset - Razer Naga Epic
Corsair 600T Case
MUYA is offline   Reply With Quote