View Single Post
Old 10-30-07, 03:32 PM   #19
Gaco
L4D & DoW2 ftw!

Default Re: Indepth comparison of DX9 and DX10 in Crysis Demo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffmd
hey gaco, I think e_detail_materials_view_dist_xy=4096 may be the fix for detailed mountains in 32bit modes.
I just tried and but my mountain textures was still lowres. Maybe if someone else can try it also so we can definetly rule it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumstheword
The tweak is moving the very high settings into [3] for every config except textures and sound. So pretty much everything is set to very high including shaders. But, i've tried this before in XP and I never noticed the lighting you see with very high shaders in DX10 until now. I don't know, maybe I changed something which turned on the lighting this time. So pretty much everything you get in very high in dx10, I am getting in dx9 XP but with playable framerates.

I'm hoping some of you can try this out and let me know if you're getting very high shaders.

Here's the file which contains the configs:

High To Very High
I have tried that tweak once before but my clear impression then was that it's so extensive that I got very crappy FPS so I might as well run the DX10 version. But I'll take a look at it again. Actually I don't know how I could forgot this, because this tweak is obviously the most complete you can do. I'll check back with results soon.
CPU: Intel Core2 Q6600@3.3ghz w. Noctua NH-U12P
RAM: 4Gb Crucial Tracer PC-8500
Graphics: XFX Radeon HD 5970 Black Edition
Harddiscs: 2xRaptorX 150gb 10.000 RPM in RAID0
Soundcard: X-Fi Xtreme Gamer
Sound: Sennheiser HD600 Headphones + headamp
Keyboard: Logitech DiNovo Edge
Mouse: Razor Orochi
Monitor: Samsung 2232BW (22" 1680*1050)
Gaco is offline   Reply With Quote