View Single Post
Old 11-02-07, 12:06 PM   #27
Gaco
L4D & DoW2 ftw!

Default Re: My massive DX9/10 graphics and tweaking analysis of Crysis demo

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastRedPonyCar
yeah I ran the benchmark 4 loops with the settings in my post #18 and then when I used the ones in #19, the benchmark was 36~37 fps avg through 4 loops.

Post #18 is my entire game.cfg file.

I think one of the issues with all this tweaking is that some of these optinons are the ones that make you say "I woudln't have known it could look better unless I saw for myself". I thought the game looked spectacular on high settings and then turning on sun rays, pom, battle dust and tweaking the water a bit does make you say that. At least I did.

I think I've decided to keep motion blur on but right now, only on look rather than all objects. I think it's one of the reasons that crysis appears to run quicker than it really is becuase with motion blur turned off, @ 24 fps, I can tell that it's choppy and has those fraction of a second stutters when you look around quickly. With motion blur on, it's more pleasing to my eyes to have it blurred rather than to see the machine try to render precision faster than it's capable of doing.

I didn't mess with the HDR level yet though. That's one thing I still want to play around with.

I'm using the beta 169.04 drivers if that makes any differnce but I really haven't seen any noticable gain or loss in FPS.
Well what can I say, I simply get lower performance when running with an autoexec with the whole lot of commands that you wrote in #19. I have not tried just #18 since it was my impression that you liked the longer one the most.
CPU: Intel Core2 Q6600@3.3ghz w. Noctua NH-U12P
RAM: 4Gb Crucial Tracer PC-8500
Graphics: XFX Radeon HD 5970 Black Edition
Harddiscs: 2xRaptorX 150gb 10.000 RPM in RAID0
Soundcard: X-Fi Xtreme Gamer
Sound: Sennheiser HD600 Headphones + headamp
Keyboard: Logitech DiNovo Edge
Mouse: Razor Orochi
Monitor: Samsung 2232BW (22" 1680*1050)
Gaco is offline   Reply With Quote