View Single Post
Old 11-02-07, 10:09 PM   #8
agentkay

Default Re: Crysis questions for those that play Demo

The problem with Crysis is that resolutions of 1920x1200 and higher are in the SLI "territory" with this game. The game is very heavy on the fillrate side, so you probably won't get around to do some sacrifizes. This is just my prediction, but I know others play at this resolution with single GTX/Ultras and they should know better than me.

Remember the game was announced for a long time to be heavy on current-gen computers on the highest settings no matter if they run modded in DX9 or even more, natively in DX10.

I think your target fps would be easier to archieve with a 2nd Ultra but again thats just a guess of mine. When you have the demo and have adjusted your settings, run some tests on your CPU usage and as long the CPU cores aren't maxed out, a CPU upgrade won't make much difference in the demo.

Intel I7-920 aircooled by Prolimatech Megahalems @ 3.8Ghz (200x19) | Gigabyte GA-X58-UD3R | OCZ Platinum 3x2GB DDR3-1600 RAM (7-7-7-24) @ 1600 | Gainward GTX 480 | WD Raptor 74GB + 150GB + Samsung 1TB | Soundblaster X-Fi Platinum | Corsair AX850 Gold | Coolermaster Stacker 830 silver | Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 | Logitech G15 keyboard | Logitech G25 Racing Wheel | Sharp LC-46 XL1E (gaming and work)
F CliffyB.
agentkay is offline   Reply With Quote