View Single Post
Old 11-03-07, 09:57 PM   #4
bfoz

Send a message via ICQ to bfoz Send a message via AIM to bfoz Send a message via Yahoo to bfoz
Default Re: Bug Report: New driver on 6.2-S with dual 6600

After trying every permutation of xorg.conf that I could google, I finally found some that work, sort of. It appears the problem is somehow related to Xinerama. I can create configurations for 1, 2 or 3 monitors that work with Xinerama disabled. Enabling Xinerama on an otherwise working config causes the crashes that I've become so accustomed to.

Anybody have any suggestions? Anything? My primary work machine has now been down for a very long time. This is getting ridiculous. Does nvidia actually provide help on this forum, or is it just a place to vent impotent rage? Of course I can't be too upset, I was the one stupid enough to try upgrading...

I've attached a working xorg.conf in case anybody cares. Enabling Xinerama will cause it to crash. I can provide a core if there's some way to submit a 10MB file.

I'm happy to provide any other needed info if somebody will tell me what to provide. And I live right down the street from nvidia, so if any driver engineers want to come over and help, I'll be more than happy to buy a round of drinks (upon success of course).
bfoz is offline   Reply With Quote