View Single Post
Old 11-05-07, 07:58 PM   #1
sander2

Default Twinview not working and nvidia-settings crashing on T61 (Nvidia Quadro NVS 140M)

Hi!

I've been trying to get my dual-head setup working with my T61 (Nvidia Quadro NVS 140M) during the last 3 weeks. I experimented with many different xorg configurations and different driver versions without success.

I managed to get a (randomly) working Twinview clone setup 2 or 3 times, but usually i'm experiencing a strange behaviour when following these steps:

- Boot the system without the external monitor connected
- Connect monitor
- Start nvidia-settings
- Click on "Detect displays"
- Choose Twinview/Clone Setup for correctly detected Dell 2005FPW
- Click Apply

Almost all of the times this results in the T61's LCD showing a black screen and shortly after that seeing the Desktop on the external monitor.
When I try to change anything using nvidia-settings a second time, try switching to a tty or try to restart the xserver the system freezes completly. The only way to reboot is a hard-reset.
The system also freezed after running nvidia-bug-report.sh while working on the external monitor.

I installed the latest BIOS and nvidia driver (100.14.23 using envy) without success.

As i mentioned before, a few times things "just worked" as expected. After reboot the described problems appeared again - without me touching the configuration.

I really hope Nvidia will fix these issues soon since using an external monitor/projector is one of the most basic user needs i can imagine!

cheers,
Sander
Attached Files
File Type: log nvidia-bug-report.log (124.4 KB, 348 views)
sander2 is offline   Reply With Quote