View Single Post
Old 11-09-07, 02:33 PM   #6
antiplex
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: europe
Posts: 4
Default Re: Bug with 100.14.09: max res was 1600x1200, is now 1024x768

hello everybody!

i realize this thread is already a few weeks old but nevertheless this might be interesting for users with the same problem as well as for nvidia developers:

i while back i came across the same problem as user lblume describes above with driver-version 100.14.11. after searching for quite some time i found that there are others who have the same issues with 1600x1200 resolution and after some further research and trying around many hours i came to a solution on how to fix the matter. everything is described in this long thread here which i kind of hijacked but which also brought me a lot closer to the source that might cause this problem. its quite a lot to read but i guess the central aspects are to be found in my posting #58 and follow-ups.

i also translated my description into german and posted it on hwluxx-forums in a lengthy thread about my motherboard with nvidia 7050 onboard graphics chipset in postings #337 and #339.

there seem to be not too many users which run a combination of a 100.14.xx - driver at dvi-port and a resolution of 1600x1200 since i could not find much about this issue around the web and i thought that this might have been fixed already but when installing ubuntu 7.10 which comes with the 100.14.19 driver i realized that this behaviour is in fact still there. luckily my fix still worked ...

i didn't get much feedback from other users that have the same issue since its quite some effort to get this fixed but i think it should work for almost everybody.

so hopefully this bug won't be around with further releases since from what i've seen this seems to be a bug in the drivers interpretation of the edid submitted over dvi by the display.

regards, anti

EDIT: omg, i've just seen that this thread is posted in the solaris section! (found it via the boards search)
but i haven't found any threads coming closer the the issue than this in the board even though i am talking about linux not (only) with focus on the BSD-branch here...


EDIT2: ok, i've now just seen that there are also threads in the linux-section which reference this topic! i'm sorry to have not seen these earlier but since they (as far as i could see) don't come up with a general solution i will link this thread in the ones i've found adressing the same problem...
EDID resolution problem
Cannot get native resolution
oh, and sorry for the confusion!
antiplex is offline   Reply With Quote