View Single Post
Old 11-13-07, 10:15 AM   #20
FastRedPonyCar
Resident Tire Destroyer

Send a message via AIM to FastRedPonyCar
Default Re: IGN's review of Crysis

The demo didn't do this game any justice really. It does introduce the basic idea that you have numerous ways to approach the same objective but (as my review thread stated) the objectives throughout the game are all presented in different ways in different surroundings so it's not the same thing over and over. you never really get bored of doing the same thing time after time (at least I didn't).

It's similar to COD4 in that you feel like you're taking part in an epic battle movie. What differentiates Crysis and COD 4 in that regard is that in COD4, each mission is totally different so there is more variety. With Crysis, it's all one huge mission so you're not tossed into dozens of totally different areas and settings. The good thing about it though is that it's a really good huge mission you're in and it's a very satisfying one the entire time.

I haven't finished either game yet but they're both doing a much better job of holding my attention than Gears of war. GOW is fun but seems like the same old same old after a while.

Crysis isn't perfect but it's heads and shoulders better than most FPS's out there. It's much better than farcry (though in crysis there's not as much indoor activity as I wish there were).
4770k @ 4.45 ghz - ASUS Gryphon Mobo - 16 gigs Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866 RAM - XSPC Rasa 750 RS240 H2o Cooling - EVGA GTX 680 @1325mhz - 128 gig Crucial RealSSD C300 - 150 gig Velociraptor +2.75 Terrabytes of WD Sata 3.0 storage - 910 watt PC P&C PSU - Corsair Obsidian 650D case

- Server -
Core I7 D0 revision 920 @ 3.75 ghz - ASUS P6T Deluxe - 12 Gigs Mushkin DDR3 1600 - Corsair HX 620 PSU - Noctua NH-U9B cooler - Coolermaster WaveMaster Case

- Laptop -
MSI 16F2-012
- i7 2630QM - GTX570m @ 750Mhz - 8 gigs HyperX 1866 - 120 gig OCZ Vertex 3 SSD- 750 gig Scorpio Black - BluRay - 95% Gamut Screen - IC Diamond goop
FastRedPonyCar is offline   Reply With Quote