View Single Post
Old 11-13-07, 12:08 PM   #1
BSDMare
FreeBSD 7.0 User

Question Wine - GLXBadDrawable Errors

Hi all,

First off thanks to Nvidia for putting out FreeBSD drivers and to nV News for a place to talk about them, its great to have support for these great cards on our FreeBSD systems.

I have opened a bug report on the Wine Bugzilla about a problem with running Steam/Source Based engines on FreeBSD and I am just looking to see if anyone else is having the same problem.

The report can be found here -> http://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=10432

Basically Steam will load fine and once you try to launch a game it will cause an X Error (GLXBadDrawable) and wine will exit. From what I can tell this problem existed before in the Linux Nvidia drivers and was fixed a few months ago. I have tried other accelerated apps and they seem to run fine, I even ran a D3D app (Soldat) in Wine and that runs fine, so I am guessing its something to do with the way that Steam creates the new window/context for the game its launching.

Not sure if this is an Nvidia Driver issue or a Wine issue as I have seen forum posts and mailing list posts talking about either being at fault.

I am running FreeBSD 6.2 with the 100.14.19 Nvidia drivers and the latest version of Wine 0.9.49. I've tried using the beta Nvidia Drivers but the nvidia.ko failed to load (symbol _sleep undefined) after compilation so I switched back.

Any ideas/comments?

Cheers
Dave
BSDMare is offline   Reply With Quote