View Single Post
Old 11-14-07, 12:59 PM   #4
agentkay

Default Re: Crysis - Graphics Tweaking Questions and Answers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sowk
Does it effect performance from not having r_UseEdgeAA at all?
Performance hit shouldn't be huge at all. I remember some guy in the demo thread reported like 1fps hit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sowk
I also tried that too, but during the GPU test it didn't seem to change anything, only while flying around the lookout did the textures seem to pop in on texture montain. Or does this for some reason only effect it while actually playing the game...
It's a workaround, it disables texture streaming and depending on the amount of your system ram and vram you might experience textures popping up and since the GPU test has very fast camera movement it would explain what you saw. I have not see this problem during actual gameplay with 2GB and a GTX though.

Intel I7-920 aircooled by Prolimatech Megahalems @ 3.8Ghz (200x19) | Gigabyte GA-X58-UD3R | OCZ Platinum 3x2GB DDR3-1600 RAM (7-7-7-24) @ 1600 | Gainward GTX 480 | WD Raptor 74GB + 150GB + Samsung 1TB | Soundblaster X-Fi Platinum | Corsair AX850 Gold | Coolermaster Stacker 830 silver | Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 | Logitech G15 keyboard | Logitech G25 Racing Wheel | Sharp LC-46 XL1E (gaming and work)
F CliffyB.
agentkay is offline   Reply With Quote