View Single Post
Old 11-15-07, 10:37 AM   #37
FastRedPonyCar
Resident Tire Destroyer

Send a message via AIM to FastRedPonyCar
Default Re: Crysis *NOT* optimized for Multi-Core, yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by conroejoe
lol... you'd think it would more of the four cores for the physics and AI. Yeah, I forgot the AI isn't very smart. Shoot one from cover and cloaked and the whole island knows right where you are even the guys in the boats 3 miles out...
What difficulty are you playing on? Because the old "if you can see them, they can see you" rule definately applies.

I've been able to cap koreans left and right then run, hit cloak and go prone in the bushes and the koreans are left dumbfounded as to my location. Eventually they wander off still searching and I plan the next deadly game of cat and mouse

The enemy ai on delta is VERY good. It's the only way to fully enjoy the combat that I think crytek wanted us to experience.

There's one scene with an old rope bridge connecting a base entrance to a road. I sniped a couple of machine gunners from a bush with the silencer. One was alone and no one else in the vicinity saw it. Second guy saw the other one I killed drop to the ground and he immediately started looking around for the killer. he looked all over and eventually right at the bush I was hiding in for a second and never did anything and eventually started patrolling around again. Now, when I pulled out the un silenced precision rifle and shot a tower sniper, everyone around came charging out onto the bridge. I shot one of the ropes and immediately, they all ran back into the base and took up defensive positions while another small group of them left through the other entrance of the base and ran around the road up to where I was (Which I was long gone and hiding by the time they reached my original bush I was hiding in) and they started searching around the area trying to find me. Meanwhile up in the base, one of the koreans had climbed up into the guard tower and grabbed the dead sniper's rifle and was also looking for me. That's AI.
4770k @ 4.45 ghz - ASUS Gryphon Mobo - 16 gigs Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866 RAM - XSPC Rasa 750 RS240 H2o Cooling - EVGA GTX 680 @1325mhz - 128 gig Crucial RealSSD C300 - 150 gig Velociraptor +2.75 Terrabytes of WD Sata 3.0 storage - 910 watt PC P&C PSU - Corsair Obsidian 650D case

- Server -
Core I7 D0 revision 920 @ 3.75 ghz - ASUS P6T Deluxe - 12 Gigs Mushkin DDR3 1600 - Corsair HX 620 PSU - Noctua NH-U9B cooler - Coolermaster WaveMaster Case

- Laptop -
MSI 16F2-012
- i7 2630QM - GTX570m @ 750Mhz - 8 gigs HyperX 1866 - 120 gig OCZ Vertex 3 SSD- 750 gig Scorpio Black - BluRay - 95% Gamut Screen - IC Diamond goop
FastRedPonyCar is offline   Reply With Quote