View Single Post
Old 11-15-07, 10:44 AM   #30
Destroy

Default Re: Crysis Single player is so so...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastRedPonyCar

But I really don't comprehend why you wouldn't buy it. The game was not overhype in the least. The graphics got all the hype and it delivered what we were expecting with flying colors and loads of future upgrades to the shaders/engine potential.

no one cared one bit about the storyline of the game at ALL before we got the demo and now that people are thinking that the story doesn't match the splendor that the graphics deliver, a few are discrediting the game as garbage.

It's the first game besides farcry to do what it does as far as the open ended combat and the first of it's kind to give the player the ablity to alter combat with the nano suit.

Crytek set the bar so high with the graphics, the story was bound to fall short but it does a really good job of making a good effort to stack up next to the graphics and definately shows what's possible and what flexable outdoor combat can be.

And the people who are pissed that their subpar hardware can't handle the game maxed out need to grow up and realize that Crytek wasn't about to sell out and dumb down their vision of what a great game was supposed to look like just so guys with aged hardware could swing their e-penises around and boast that they were running it maxed out.

No they set the graphics bar for what a great game is supposed to look like and single handedly humiliated every other graphics engine to date. Since no one's computer at the moment is capable of running the game totally maxed out at a retarded high frame rate, we'll all just have to suck up our pride and enjoy it the best our PC's will allow us.

QFT and I'll add a repost of what I stated on Rage:

This games hugest strong point is creative freedom. This game allows you to get to and execute a mission objective nearly any way you want.

Very good enemy AI makes this game great too. They DO notice fallen comrades, warn others, search, communicate, continually move, attack from behind and flank. As SirBaron mentioned, a certain enemy is very cool and amazing later on in the game and it's not due to lame added +1000 hit points of difficulty. I run away in fear for my life dozens of times in this game cause the AI just out surprises me.

The weapons may be standard fair but the amount of addon options for the weapons is a huge plus.

The story is a bit thin but the top notch 'being there' cut scenes, flow and variety of mission settings are all....well....top notch.

Sounds and atmosphere 2nd to none. Never felt more real trying to listen, survive and adjust to the surroundings both dead or alive. Some absolute chilling moments happen in this game.

Sure, like any other game, tons of things could easily be added to the game and make it better still. There could be no end to what could be added to ANY game, but what Crysis already contains is already quite varied and done extremely well.

Not liking the FarCry gameplay type in general is fine, but to say this game doesn't deserve a 10/10 for how well it does what it's trying to be is just plain wrong. Again, if Halo3 can get perfect scores for what that game tries to do, then Crysis easily deserves the same.

Vista64 Home Premium
Gigabyte GA-EP35C-DS3R
CPU E8500 with Corsair H50 cooler
HIS 6970, always 19x10res
Memory 8 Gig OCZ 1000@1024
Display Westinghouse 37" LVM-37w1 LCD monitor
Destroy is offline   Reply With Quote