View Single Post
Old 11-15-07, 06:49 PM   #32
Gaco
L4D & DoW2 ftw!

Default Re: Post your final config for retail crysis here!

Ok here's my tweak so far, largely based on MadBoris' forum tweakguide on incrysis.com actually because he comments many of the command variables and their effect: http://incrysis.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=11614&p=1 - must've been a crap pile of work - big huge kudos to that guy!1

Origianally I visioned my tweak to be just the most essential tweaking on the DX9 high settings, but I must admit it perhaps got a liiiitle bit on the "very high"-heavy side, but it should be ok I think. As I mention further down, I've delibertly grouped some "luxury groups" together that I can modify/remove later to match the high settings more if performance becomes intolerable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by system.cfg
sys_spec_GameEffects = 3
sys_spec_ObjectDetail = 3
sys_spec_Particles = 3
sys_spec_Physics = 3
sys_spec_PostProcessing = 3
sys_spec_Quality = 3
sys_spec_Shading = 3
sys_spec_Shadows = 3
sys_spec_Texture = 3
sys_spec_VolumetricEffects = 3
sys_spec_Water = 3

ai_UseAlternativeReadability = 0

q_renderer = 3

r_sunshafts = 1
r_colorgrading = 1
r_UsePOM = 1

r_TexAtlasSize = 2048
r_WaterGodRays = 1
r_TexturesStreaming = 0
r_UseEdgeAA = 0

e_water_ocean_fft = 1
e_water_tesselation_amount = 10
r_WaterReflectionsQuality = 4
e_detail_materials_view_dist_xy = 4096
e_detail_materials_view_dist_z = 256
e_view_dist_ratio_vegetation = 50

e_foilage_wind_activation_dist = 1
e_vegetation_sprites_distance_ratio = 1.5
e_view_dist_ratio_vegetation = 50

es_DebrisLifetimeScale = 1

g_battleDust_enable = 1
g_ragdollDistance = 40
g_ragdollMinTime = 20
Before I begin runthrough: I've made two spaces between blocks of commands when a new type (sys_spec, ai, q, r, e, etc.) is introduces and a single space to seperate the same type com. var. but the top in the top block I will place the essentials, and the bottom block the luxuries. So for example, for the r variables, r_sunshafts, r_colorgrading, and UsePOM are essentials while r_TexAtlasSize = 2048, r_WaterGodRays, r_TexturesStreaming and r_UseEdgeAA are luxuries. If my performance goes below acceptable throughout the game once I start playing, I'll go ahead and gradually crop the luxury settings. One exception is the r_UseEdgeAA, which I'm not sure if I like, but if I really feel I need some AA at some point, I'll have an easy time enabling it.

Now I'll comment a bit on what I feel is worth commenting:

sys_spec settings are set to 3 which are just high settings (I'm running DX9 path by adding -dx9 to the shortcut target of course). I'm running the file as a system.cfg, not autoexec.cfg, which means that it doesn't load on top of game.cfg in documents->my games->crysis, but uses system.cfg as the basis.

ai command - just to make sure that whatever difficulty is ever played, enemy language will stay korean, though I do plan on just going Delta all the time.

q_renderer = 3 - prerequisute for the very high postprocessing colorgrading to work.

And that's it. Ask away if you got any questions on this config (but remember most explanations are in the chart in the above linked tweakguide) and do provide feedback if you feel something should have another value or if something is missing entirely. But this will pretty much be my final tweak. If there's no change to this config as it currently stands, I'll copy it to my first post and host it as a downloadable cfg file in some 12 hours
CPU: Intel Core2 Q6600@3.3ghz w. Noctua NH-U12P
RAM: 4Gb Crucial Tracer PC-8500
Graphics: XFX Radeon HD 5970 Black Edition
Harddiscs: 2xRaptorX 150gb 10.000 RPM in RAID0
Soundcard: X-Fi Xtreme Gamer
Sound: Sennheiser HD600 Headphones + headamp
Keyboard: Logitech DiNovo Edge
Mouse: Razor Orochi
Monitor: Samsung 2232BW (22" 1680*1050)
Gaco is offline   Reply With Quote