- Added support for GeForce 8800 GT.
- Improved modesetting support on Quadro/GeForce 8 series GPUs.
- Fixed stability problems with some GeForce 8 series GPUs.
- Fixed stability problems with some GeForce 6200/7200/7300 GPUs multi-core/SMP systems.
- Improved hotkey switching support for some Lenovo notebooks.
- Fixed a problem with Compiz after VT-switching.
- Improved RENDER performance.
- Improved interaction with Barco and Chi Mei 56" DFPs, as well as with some Gateway 19" DFPs.
- Added an interface to monitor PowerMizer state information.
- Fixed rendering corruption in Maya's Graph Editor.
- Improved interaction between SLI AFR and swap groups on certain Quadro FX GPUs.
- Fixed a bug that caused corruption with redirected XV on GPUs without TurboCache support.
- Improved display device detection on GeForce 8 series GPUs.
- Improved usability of NVIDIA-settings at lower resolutions like 1024x768 and 800x600.
- Improved GLX visual consolidation when using Xinerama with Quadro/GeForce 8 series and older GPUs.
- Added experimental support for running the X server at Depth 30 (10 bits per component) on Quadro G8x and later GPUs.
- Fixed a problem that could cause crashes on SMP systems.
NVIDIA Accelerated FreeBSD Graphics Driver Set for FreeBSD/i386
is available for download via HTTP
Please see the README
for more information about this release.
If you are using FreeBSD 6.0-RELEASE
or a more recent FreeBSD 6.x
release, please make sure that the compat5x-i386
package is installed.
Note that the gtk-2.x ports package(s) shipped with FreeBSD releases > 5.3-RELEASE
are binary incompatible with those shipped with FreeBSD 5.3-RELEASE
; due to this, the `nvidia-settings`
binary shipped with 169.04
will not work on FreeBSD > 5.3-RELEASE
. This problem can be solved by (re-)building `nvidia-settings`
Please note: This NVIDIA FreeBSD graphics driver release supports GeForceFX and newer NVIDIA GPUs
# fetch ftp://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/nv...-169.04.tar.gz
# tar zxf nvidia-settings-1.0.tar.gz
# cd nvidia-settings-1.0# gmake
# install nvidia-settings /usr/X11R6/bin
, GeForce4 and older GPUs are supported through the 96.43.01
NVIDIA legacy graphics drivers.
Please also note:
If you encounter any problems with the 169.04
NVIDIA FreeBSD graphics driver release, please start a new thread and include a detailed description of the problem, reproduction steps and generate/attach an nvidia-bug-report.log
file (please see http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=46678