View Single Post
Old 11-16-07, 03:05 PM   #62
Gaco
L4D & DoW2 ftw!

Default Re: Post your final config for retail crysis here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastRedPonyCar
yeah there were a lot of things in his tweak that once I actualy went through his cfg was saying "wait I know that can be higher with no performance hit!"

This was more along the lines of what I was thinking.
I guess you meant me
I'll comment each anyway:

r_VSync=1
d3d9_TripleBuffering=1

I've tried it, but in the benchmark I never really saw any tearing with these on or off. I need to test it properly at some point, but as it resulted in a 0.2 FPS decrease (yes that's not much! ), and since I can't see how it makes sense since the FPS won't go anywhere near 60 anyway, how could VSync work properly?

r_ssao_quality=1
r_ssao_amount=0.2

r_ssao_quality is 1 by default on low, medium and high. It's 2 on very high. I don't know what it does, but what's point of setting it to 1?
I don't know about the ssao_amount, you can elaborate on this if you want.

r_SSAO_darkening=3.6
Is this what makes the game dark? In that case I don't like it, looks unnatural and not the way the devs designed the game. The default value that server sets is 0.075 btw.

r_TerrainAO_FadeDist=1

r_HDRlevel=0.75
This is the bloom multiplier, the default is 0.6 - you can increase it for your taste, but I just prefer the way the devs meant it to be - they're the ultimate experts right?

r_ColorGradingDOF=0

Not sure what this does?

r_ShadowJittering=1
r_ShadowBlur=0
e_shadows_from_terrain_in_all_lods=0
e_shadows_max_texture_size=2048
q_ShaderShadow=1
e_gsm_lods_num=4
e_particles_lod=0.7

With shadows and particles I just prefer to set it using the predefined medium or high using the sys_spec command. Shadows doesn't seem to affect either framerate or image quality that much using single parameter changes, so I just prefer keeping it simple here

e_view_dist_ratio=60

From Mad Boris' guide:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Boris
It controls view distance on rocks in the ocean and every human object(buildings, boxes, barrels, docks, everything showing a remnant a human exists in the world (except vehicles).
- I haven't really noticed any cultural / human made objects pop in so I left this as it is. Do you claim this doesn't have any influence on performance? I'd doubt it, but hapily take it if it's true

r_EyeAdaptationBase=0.2
r_EyeAdaptationFactor=1

I like the HDR eyeadaption factor as it is thankyou

r_Flares=1
r_Coronas=1

Both of these are set to 1 per default, so I don't see any reason for this

r_TexturesStreaming=0
r_UseEdgeAA=2
r_sunshafts = 1
r_WaterGodRays 1
r_UsePOM=1
r_colorgrading=1
e_water_ocean_fft=1
e_vegetation_min_size=1.5
e_view_dist_ratio_vegetation=50

I have these (though I set e_view_dist_ratio_vegetation to 45 to match the same as very high setting - this mostly affects view distance of small vegetation like grass and bushes I think)
CPU: Intel Core2 Q6600@3.3ghz w. Noctua NH-U12P
RAM: 4Gb Crucial Tracer PC-8500
Graphics: XFX Radeon HD 5970 Black Edition
Harddiscs: 2xRaptorX 150gb 10.000 RPM in RAID0
Soundcard: X-Fi Xtreme Gamer
Sound: Sennheiser HD600 Headphones + headamp
Keyboard: Logitech DiNovo Edge
Mouse: Razor Orochi
Monitor: Samsung 2232BW (22" 1680*1050)
Gaco is offline   Reply With Quote