View Single Post
Old 11-17-07, 05:15 PM   #89
FastRedPonyCar
Resident Tire Destroyer

Send a message via AIM to FastRedPonyCar
Default Re: Post your final config for retail crysis here!

it works with the zero before the decimal or not.

Gaco, I think that ken's settings suck out so much color that the engine isn't having to render as much as quickly. He's trying to compensate for this by just overdoing the shadowing which kills the colors and detail in the shadows and as anyone who tried his original settings could see, there were wierd graphics anomolies that accompanied his settings like the wierd glow around the player's gun/hands and grass looked fluffy and blurry.

keeping the ssao_amount under a value of 1 yeilds better shadows but doesn't have the wierd glow effect.

I think the game uses e_gsm_lod_num = 4 by default. Ken's original config had this as the same value.

To be honest, I only saw a couple extra FPS between my original very high settings and what I've got now.

The main 2 FPS boosters I've found is keeping shadows down to 1024 (I was using 2048 earlier) and turning off POM. Try it. You would think POM is something you can't live without now that we've seen it but the game still does do a certain degree of POM so you're not TOTALLY out and just that extra 3~5 fps you gain makes a noticable difference.

I mean... dig these frame rates... especially in this first pic. It may be time for some AA

4770k @ 4.45 ghz - ASUS Gryphon Mobo - 16 gigs Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866 RAM - XSPC Rasa 750 RS240 H2o Cooling - EVGA GTX 680 @1325mhz - 128 gig Crucial RealSSD C300 - 150 gig Velociraptor +2.75 Terrabytes of WD Sata 3.0 storage - 910 watt PC P&C PSU - Corsair Obsidian 650D case

- Server -
Core I7 D0 revision 920 @ 3.75 ghz - ASUS P6T Deluxe - 12 Gigs Mushkin DDR3 1600 - Corsair HX 620 PSU - Noctua NH-U9B cooler - Coolermaster WaveMaster Case

- Laptop -
MSI 16F2-012
- i7 2630QM - GTX570m @ 750Mhz - 8 gigs HyperX 1866 - 120 gig OCZ Vertex 3 SSD- 750 gig Scorpio Black - BluRay - 95% Gamut Screen - IC Diamond goop
FastRedPonyCar is offline   Reply With Quote