View Single Post
Old 11-19-07, 04:22 AM   #11
alvinist

Default Re: Stumped!! Can't run more then 3 NVIDIA Cards!?!

Very nice! Yes, I did have 4 GeForce 7300 GTs but since that setup didn't work I decided to do some testing. For whatever reason I can't seem to get more then 2 Nvidia cards to initialize but under Windows everything works just fine so I'm a bit disappointed. Even if I have 12 screens working under Windows it will do me no good ! I'm sure most of us agree in this forum.

Have any pics of your system you can post? I would really like to see it!

Thanks!

Regards,
-Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by etherfish
The machine with 6 cards is an Intel Corporation SE7505VB2 server motherboard. Also, fwiw, my workstation has three Quadro 3500's working correctly. lspci posted below.

In your post, you indicate: "I'm running an Asus P5W64 board with 4 PCI-Slots & 4x GeForce 7300 GT." However, the output below that you posted indicates two PCI-E 7300GT's and only 1 PCI 6200GT. It doesn't help that you're attempting to run two similar cards and an extra card from an older generation. But, I guess you must have been testing things.

Also, just an observation, your motherboard's PCI-E slots can be set to one of two configurations:
configuration one: x8, x8, x4, and x8 mode
configuration two: x16, x0, x4, and x0 mode

I don't know much else about the motherboard, maybe you should check it to confirm your PCI-E slots are working in the right configuration? Use lspci to verify. Perhaps there is a BIOS setting?

Can you post the lines from the Xorg log that have NVIDIA(2) in them?
grep NVIDIA\(2\) /var/log/Xorg.0.log

Can you also post the output from the following command:
grep width /var/log/Xorg.0.log

my lspci excerpt:
02:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation Quadro FX 3500 (rev a1)
07:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation Quadro FX 3500 (rev a1)
86:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation Quadro FX 3500 (rev a1)
Attached Files
File Type: txt 1.txt (5.8 KB, 120 views)
File Type: txt 2.txt (149 Bytes, 87 views)
alvinist is offline   Reply With Quote