View Single Post
Old 06-20-03, 02:09 PM   #49
Solomon

Quote:
Originally posted by digitalwanderer
Yada-yada-ya...

Solomon, the reason some of us there try and respect ATi when they ask us a favor is because they do us the curteousy of keeping us informed/helping out on the boards/and improving their company so bloody much in the past year.

Rage3D has NOT sold out to ATi anymore than nVnews has sold out to nVidia, they're just showing a bit of professional curteousy to one of ATi's requests. No one is "making" them do anything.

CatalystMaker has and has EARNED a lot of respect in the ATi community, if'n he asks some people to take down an early beta since it ain't indicative of the official release that is coming out Monday than I ain't got no problem with that.

I'm a bloody beta-fan-from-hell, but I'm respecting ATi's wishes on this one. They've been good to the community, (and me in particular!), and I ain't got no problem cutting them some slack on this one.
CatalystMaker is a two faced person, the worse I have ever seen. He condems the leak, but he goes ahead and "tells" someone to use the leaked beta driver because it could fix that persons problem? You can support ATi all you want. They make great hardware. I have no problems with ATi in their hardware department or software department, but when this guy flat out says we released stolen drivers and tries in his all his might to shut the driver down by threatening us with lawyers and then pulls a 180 and tells the guy to download stolen drivers from me or W1zzard or nVchips-FR is flat out ignorant.

And please don't come here and preach about his respect. What he does is a great thing to the community, but his followers are nothing more then puppets that whatever he says is law is a joke. I bet half to all those "beta members" would be singing a different tune if they were not getting free hardware.

I have never seen this in my 4 years of doing file hosting, never! Fricken bandwagon followers is what they are. They first bitched about not having enough drivers. There was no bitching back then when the leaks were out for download, ironically the ones who are bitching are "beta members" and they happened to be "moderators" and "administrators"... Hmmmmm.

Regards,
D. Solomon Jr.
*********.com
Solomon is offline   Reply With Quote