View Single Post
Old 06-20-03, 01:20 PM   #51
digitalwanderer

Quote:
Originally posted by Solomon
Run a website for a good amount of time and talk to a variety of webmasters. I can guarantee you that they will comply and never put up anykind of dismay if they know it will stop the flow of hardware. How do you think they get the free hardware? The review samples? The first previews... You think that is just a nice jesture.

Your, no one is "making" them do anything ... is flat out wrong my friend. When you are in this business you see the darkside of webmastering that is never shown on the front pages of websites or revealed to visitors.
Been there, done that. Don't try and teach your grandpa how to skin a cat.

Quote:
CatalystMaker is a two faced person, the worse I have ever seen. He condems the leak, but he goes ahead and "tells" someone to use the leaked beta driver because it could fix that persons problem?
I have NEVER known CM to lie. He condemed the leak and told you AS A REPRESENTATIVE OF ATI (caps because when he puts on that hat he's sort of bound by his job & job description a bit...not to mention all the legal implications) to pull the leaks down and you threw a hissy-fit. He only recomended that guy to try them AFTER you had spread them all over the net against his wishes.

It was your call to make, I just don't agree with it and I really didn't like the way you talked to/about CM at all yesterday or today. You seem like you're on some form of holy crusade against evil, but ATi ain't a bad guy and you ain't got a white horse.

You got your way Solomon, you posted 'em and I don't think ATi is going to sue you over it...but I think you lost a lot of friends.
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
digitalwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote