View Single Post
Old 06-20-03, 02:33 PM   #54
Solomon

Quote:
Originally posted by digitalwanderer
I don't agree with the borg bit, and I notice that [t]ardOCP gets an awful lot of hits too...

No change in my tune, it's the same as it's always been. I'm trying to do what I feel is best for the community as I really feel I'm always trying to do. The community has taught me everything I know and I just want to do something to give back to it, in this case I feel it was in the communities best interests to respect ATi's request on this particular release. I didn't do it because I got free hardware from ATi, I did it because I think I know why they didn't want it leaked so badly and I agree with them on it.

I'm truly glad to hear it, don't change. This isn't about me wanting an invite to any parties, this is about me wanting to see ATi get a chance to clean-up their act in the driver department and to continue to give the excellent driver support they've been giving.

I bet you're right, but they HAVE signifigantly decreased in the last 6 months and I expect them to continue to decline. A monthly release will help to kill the beta-hunting urge, IMHO.

No, no it's not. He asked you to take them down before they had spread to the wild, he recomended a customer try them to fix a problem (which I believe you reported that these drivers fix, kudos again) after they were already widely available.

CM ain't an idiot, he knows you can't put the genie back in the bottle. BUT...

...but sometimes you can, if you catch the genie before he knows he's out. That's why they push for cooperation so much in the initial few hours after a leak.

I KNOW you can suppress a leak sometimes, it can be done. But there had better best be a damned good reason for wanting it suppressed if'n I'm gonna give a hand with it. In this particular case, I DID think there was a good reason.

But it's a moot point now, because you felt all good and righteous. Enjoy it, you're right on a number of levels...but I reserve the right to disagree with you based on my own opinions/speculations and I do so in this case.

Regards,
J.V.Hayden
Rogue Bastard
That's cool. I never take anything at a personal level. Once you start taking this stuff seriously it just makes you all crazy and stuff.

Thanks for the tidbit regarding the cooperation. I was wondering why he kept pushing that on W1zzard and I. It's good to know why he did that. Thanks for the word on that.

I don't think CM is an idiot, I do believe he contradicts himself a lot in the forums. That's what I see out of him anyways. He kept condoning people to just flat out wait and then finally he's like, "Yeah use them and see if it helps out ya that's great".

See that's the "ultimate goal" in leaking beta drivers. Is to help the individual. Is it my fault that they got leak? No it isn't... Did I help get the word out about the leak. Yes I did as I feel that's what I should give to my visitors.

I've been doing this for 4 years. I have never had someone say, "Damn! Those drivers corrupted my computer". My viewer base is intelligent and knows what the word "beta" means. CM came off like I'm some idiot and my viewers are stupid and will just complain to ATi because they might screw up your computer.

We all have disagreed or agreed at some point. On this level I don't care about ATi nor nVidia as a company as I shouldn't need too. I'm just here for folks that want to use the latest. No if's and's or but's. :-)

Nothing is personal. Unless you flat out call me stupid, loser, maxi zone dweebe, Butt Face, etc... Hehehehe.

Regards,
D. Solomon Jr.
*********.com
Solomon is offline   Reply With Quote