View Single Post
Old 11-22-07, 01:08 AM   #18
Redeemed

Default Re: Crysis is VERY well optimized (with proof)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madpistol
First, Far Cry was released before the 6800 Ultra. It was released under the 9700 Pro and the Geforce 5900's. Under those cards, the game COULD NOT run acceptably at highest settings. There was just no way it was possible. When the 6800's hit the market, everything changed because the 6800's were supposedly twice as fast as any card before it. That would be more than enough to blow through Far Cry like it was nothing. The FX 5900 choked on the game. I remember that my FX 5900 128mb card had so much glitching that it was nearly unplayable. I had to switch back down to my Ti 4200 in order to get the game to run well and look good.

On the same note, if Crysis is causing you "LAG" then you need examine the drivers and installed software on your system. My current setup on my top end rig is not causing any sort of lag. The only way I get any hint of lag is if I push the settings to "Uber high" with the Cvar tweaks. Bear in mind that I run this game on XP, not Vista. There is a way to force DX9 under vista as well though. Vista is not as good for gaming as XP is currently, but that should change soon, especially with the next generation of cards due on the market.

My 8800 GTX can run EVERYTHING on the High setting. I've tweaked the CVars too, and it's still completely playable... No lag. The framerate drops into the mid teens sometimes, but even then, the game is totally responsive. There is no sort of control lag whatsoever.
Beat you to it.

And, FYI, the vast majority of games play as well under Vista as they do XP. Crysis seems to be the main exception to that. Just thought I'd let you know.
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote