View Single Post
Old 11-22-07, 07:52 PM   #56
GeeeEighty
*BANNED*

Default Re: Crysis is VERY well optimized (with proof)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madpistol
I'm going to throw this game out there, and you can agree with me or not on this.

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time for N64. The original game ran at 20 fps constantly on the N64. No one ever complained, moaned, or groaned about that... In fact, there are still people in this world that will swear up and down that it is the most brilliant action/puzzle game of all time.

So why is Crysis any different in this situation? The game is flatout brilliant in just about every aspect except for high performance on new hardware... so what? The debate is over whether 20 fps is an acceptable frame rate for a first person shooter. I think that in this case, it is acceptable. The high action sequences are sparse, and most of this game takes on a "Splinter Cell" approach to achieving mission objectives.

I've said this before, and I'll say it again. Crysis is a rare exception to the "minimum 30 fps" rule because the gameplay is so unique. On most games, if the framerate were around 20 fps, I would probably be saving up money to buy new hardware so I wouldn't have to experience that anymore. In this case, though, I think 20 fps is an acceptable performance threshold for Crysis.

Sorry mate. We will just have to agree to disagree on this one.
GeeeEighty is offline   Reply With Quote