View Single Post
Old 11-25-07, 06:03 PM   #26
Redeemed

Default Re: Finally, 3GHz!!! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeeEighty
Ok first thing you should know. Playing a game such as Oblivion is not gonna cut it for stress testing as it will not be pushing the cores nearly hard enough.

I cannot stress the importance to you enough about why you should run P95 with SMALL FFT's for at least 6hrs no errors.

Next thing is I believe you about Oblivion, I also have Vista 64 with all the patches, hotfixes and Nvidias latest betas. The game absolutely flys on my computer now as compared to how it was before.

Next in regards to Half Life 2 I have no issues with my rig overclocked when playing that game, its actually a whole lot faster. If your having trouble with that game it could be the sign of an unstable overclock or a corrupted OS because you have not stressed tested your Overclock with P95 to check for stability.
Oh, I do know what you're talking about. I should stress test my system- no doubt. I've never ran P95 before though... where can I download it and how do I run it- within Windows or do I have to create a bootdisk?

Edit:

I'm dl'ing P95 now. I also checked what the vcore for the Opty185 is supposed to be- 1.30 to 1.35. So no wonder why my temps were sooo high before. Now it sits between 40-45*C and under load never peaks above 55*C. YAY!

I'm sure that when the two new fans arrive this week that'll drop the temps even more. My goal is to hit 3GHz stable. I think I can manage that.
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote