View Single Post
Old 06-22-03, 03:42 AM   #57
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisRay
Personally I completely agree With Solomon's position on Catalyst Maker. That guy herds you all around like trained sheep. He lies to you, He misleads you and he does it in the name of PR.

When Users asked for Digital Vibrance, He told us that it was just a marketing hack already available in ATI Drivers,

It was "proven" that he was wrong because you can't use ATI drivers without changing shades of grey.

He has lied to you guys about Quality drivers and "playing by the rules" As he so likes to call them. When we all know that he's not doing anything of that sort in his driver codes. When we all know that he is not above changing the way code is dealt.

What I find amusing is ATI's Pixel Shader cheat was in the 3dmark2001 before Nvidia's cheat, Later with the Det 40.x series. Meaning ATIs Shaders for that game test were never realistic upon release of that card, Yet Nvidia is the one that forces ATi to cheat?

Catalyst Maker has led us With his 2 faced actions regarding the leaked drivers. He says one thing, then Oks another, I Have no problem with a man having an opinion or position I don't agree with.

What I don't like is someone cannot stick to his ropes regarding that issue. In This game, Cat make came out with double standards.

Just because this guy visits your community does not make him anymore "honest" than a big bad Nvidia spokes person. Or does it make his comments anymore credible. The guy has a friendly relationship with users at rage3d, Thats fine, But that doesn't mean he's not herding you guys around with false information.
actually CM has been very upfront and accesible..

if you actually read through the digital vibrance thread... CM initially stated he didn't think DV was more than a marketing gimmick but gradually through the thread he was more and more intrigued and eventually stated that he would look into the 'feature' and see what could be done.. no promises mind.. but he didnt just dismiss it as you point out chris... perhaps you would like to go through the whole thread again... just post it so people here can see exactly what you are talking about and what CM wrote as well

whether or not there is false information being posted... it is subjective but thus far what CM has said he will deliver... he has for the most part lived up to his end of the bargain with information and bug fixes and what not...

personally I am not sure with this whole 'cat 3.5 but not quite cat 3.5' business... there are many reasons both parties are correct but I can also see why ati would be upset about a leaked driver set that eventually gets posted as LEAKED CAT 3.5 DRIVERS blah blah blah...

perhaps the situation would have been different had the drivers been posted and listed under a different heading... perhaps CAT 3.x drivers released blah blah blah...

I have respect for solomon due to the nature of his posts... I Don;t personally agree with him on some topics and POV's but he is entitled to his opinions and he does have more knowhow than me in many aspects...

I dont agree with the way solomon handled this situation but I don't think CM or the ati staff are blameless either...

just wish the resolution could have been more cordial...

however nothing that I have read or seen the last serveral months appears to corroborate the character assisination you are putting forth chris... Terry may not be the nicest or most ethical guy in the world... but I have yet to see any evidence that supports your claims of a 2-faced liar/hypocrite...
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote