View Single Post
Old 06-22-03, 12:59 PM   #67
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisRay
I completely disagree, And We "have" gone through the whole thread again, Catalyst Maker "had" been dismissing it. Catalyst maker "Had" led ATI users to believe that they're drivers were already capable of it.

Why do you think all the users completely and totally believe the fact that "ATI drivers were already capable of it"

Well. You guessed it. Catalyst maker told them they were, You are referring to a single thread when that was his attitude for the longest time.

There's a thread where I posted it. He tries to push of the issue by asking us "Do you know what it does?"

You are referring to this one thread, I am referring to MULTIPLE threads prior to that where CAT Maker has dismissed it as a marketing hack and already doable in drivers, Which very much explains why so many people have stated it's already doable in ATI drivers.

I mean if you don't know. You don't know. Terry only reacts when he's in the spotlight. Which he acted accordingly "We will look into it" In that thread

Read my above post. Read Just further indication that he is BSing us along the way, I mean come on, When is a cigar a cigar? I don't trust him. You shouldn't trust him either. All he wants, And his company wants. Is for you to buy their products.

Understanding this "distinction" will make you alot more objective about things. Its no different than what Nvidia PR spokes people do. But It's a "lot" easier to filter out his "crap" as I would call it. By the simple fact he posts a lot.
personally I don't care about CM since I don't post much on the r3d boards anymore.. I used to back before all the trolls and ati v/s nvidia thing got out of hand... now I basically go for the technical support and driver information... plus a few tidbits from time to time..

ergo i don't take everything he says to heart I read through a few threads about digital vibrance and the one where CM responded and initially stated what he did about DV as being something he felt was possible... it became apparent soon after that he seemed not to know about DV and what it did.. and eventually he stated that he and the driver team would take a look @ it and if the user base wanted such a feature they would implement it...

I buy my products based on various reasons and needs... none of which involves CM or anyone smoking pipes

personally I think DV is a feature that should be an option... but the way many make it sound it appears as if they WON'T buy a video card unless they have DV available... fair enough... I didnt find the colors to be that much more 'vibrant' that I would put off a purchase... but thats just me...

saturnoku... concerning solomon... thats all well and good but I dont know what discussions solomon had with CM or any other ati staff and I am unaware of the legality of the issue... they both did what they did.. and some sort of compromise was reached @ the end... which was unpleasant at best...
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote