Thread: Tabula Rasa
View Single Post
Old 12-12-07, 01:32 PM   #10
Bah!

Default Re: Tabula Rasa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr1cK
Well Lord, you were almost right. I am still very glad to have been born, but sad to waste money on this game. Don't ever let someone talk you into a game. Some peoples expectations are just low I guess.

My problems with the game:
  1. crappy graphics engine that runs slow and looks like balls
  2. can't enable AA without disabling the lighting which kills graphics even more
  3. ton of bugged out mobs
  4. UI is a POS with next to no customization (you figure people would try to copy WoWs customizability by now)
  5. clone system is decent idea, but current implementation is flawed
  6. crafting is a joke which you must waste skill points that could be assigned to combat skills on
  7. ton of useless items, itemization is laughable

The game is VERY generic.
If it ran better and looked better, then I could possibly hold out on some of the other flaws, but this is pure crap. I really don't see how anybody could overlook all these issues after higher quality games like WoW and EQ2 have been around. This seems like typical Korean MMO garbage. I would rather play Dungeon Runners than this.

1)To each his own, but there is nothing wrong with the graphics in TR. In fact when you have everything jacked up they are pretty damn nice. Looks better than both WoW and EQ2, and runs better than EQ2.

2)Turn the rez up higher and the lack of AA is not as big of a deal. It sucks, but its not gamebreaking.

3)There are a few here and there, i haven't noticed "tons" and definitely not enough to ruin my gameplay experience.

4)This is currently my biggest gripe with the game, i hate the UI and pray they make it at least movable and resizable, if nothing else.

5) Don't see how you can really complain about the Clone system, it's awesome compared to every other game out there. I'd kill for this feature in WoW.

6)So make one of your clones a crafter? I hate crafting in MMOGs anyway, so i can't really empathize.

7)Itemization is a bit weak, i've yet to find any really high grade or "special" items.

Basically, if you are willing to give these issues a pass, it seems your major gripe is with performance and graphics, which are both fine.

I run the game with everything maxed out, 1680x1050, and never go below 45fps at any time and it looks beautiful. I'd check your drivers or settings, because it should run much better for you than you are claiming.
Bah! is offline   Reply With Quote