View Single Post
Old 06-25-03, 05:29 PM   #13
digitalwanderer

Quote:
Originally posted by BigBerthaEA
I can also say that it is asinine to suggest that EA would let any IHV (marketing agreement or no) convince them to "break" a part of ANY of their games just to "get back at nVidia's competitor"....how ridiculous.
Not meaning to flame you here BB, but why is it so asinine to suggest that nVidia might be using under-handed tactics/pressuring developers for favoratism? I'm not meaning to impune EA here, but nVidia has given lots of people lots of reasons to think exactly such things and I do not believe it is "asinine" to assume them capable of such.

And on the screenshots, is the nVidia sky supposed to look like it's just a solid blue-fill or is that just something weird with the way they captured that particular screenshot?
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
digitalwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote