View Single Post
Old 12-15-07, 12:46 PM   #13
slick
Play with conviction.

Default Re: EVE Online Trinity Overhaul

Quote:
Originally Posted by nVJoe
The game still sucks.

Eve, the freedom to wonder around lost for months on end. Grats!

OH SNAP! I just spent 5 months pimping out my ship. I hit a asteroid and now my ship is gone! Friking awesome.... not.
Someone missed the cardinal rule of EVE: Don't fly what you can't afford to lose.

And apparently someone forgot to buy insurance for their ship as well, which recoups a lot of costs in the event that you are careless with it.

Moreover, it doesn't take 5 months to pimp out a ship. It's not like there's super rare gear that only comes along once in a lifetime. Every turret, missile launcher and afterburner is readily available in EVE, be it a civilian pulse laser or a titan capital assault cannon. "Pimping" your ship out takes a matter of hours, provided you have the money (and skills) required to fit it, and again, that goes back to rule numero uno: Don't fly what you can't afford to lose.

As for getting lost, the galaxy can be a bit overwhelming at first, but that's why they give you a massively comprehensive map system with a great filter set and options that let you find, well, just about anything you want, and then will plot the fastest course for you to take based on how low you're willing to go security-wise.

Basically what I'm saying is that it sounds like you've never even played the game but you're condemning it anyways based on false pretenses about the way the game is played. EVE is extremely unforgiving, but that is one of its many qualities I can appreciate; it keeps all the whiners and casual players away.