View Single Post
Old 12-16-07, 12:20 PM   #91
Xion X2

Default Re: Crysis[PC] vs. Uncharted[PS3]

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3dude
so basically you would rather crytek dumb down the graphics so u can feel better knowing your running it at max settings at your native resolution? or maybe u expect crytek to magically give our gpus the power to process pixels twice as fast?
Where did I ever say or imply this? I've not said once that I'm running the game at the highest settings--hell, it doesn't even run smoothly on "High" for me which is a notch down from the highest settings it will go to. And that's without any AA or AF whatsoever! I would be perfectly happy if I could squeeze a consistent 30fps out at "High" settings with a little AA on my setup, but I can't.

No, what I have an issue with are guys who want to compare Crysis to a game that looks as good as Uncharted by posting "Very High" screenshots while ignoring that the FPS could be measured on a sundial at those settings while Uncharted scoots along at a playable framerate. This crowd usually seems too closed-minded to realize that what would make more sense is to compare playable settings. What settings can you max Crysis out to and still get a consistent 30fps?

Does it make sense to you to compare a game's worth by graphics alone? There have been tons of games over the years that had great graphics but failed miserably from a gameplay perspective.

i7-2700k @ 5.0 GHz
Nvidia GeForce 570 2.5GB Tri-SLI
Asus P67 WS Revolution (Tri-SLI)
OCZ Vertex SSD x 4 (Raid 5)
G.Skill 8GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz
PC Power & Cooling 950W PSU
Xion X2 is offline   Reply With Quote